If you are like most people, the advent of a New Year brings with it the promise of a new start and new habits. But if you are like most people sticking to these resolutions doesn’t last much beyond Valentine’s Day. So, make career goals ones you can keep – here are a few suggestions:
- Be healthier at work – that could mean getting in more steps or passing up the fries or dessert with lunch at the cafeteria
- Read at least one career-related or motivational book this year
- Update your resume and your LinkedIn profile – even if you are happy with your current position – it is always a good idea to have your resume ready so you can be prepared if an interesting opportunity presents itself.
- Follow one relevant blog – the world is full of free information and tips take advantage of these to improve your outlook or be inspired.
- Learn something new on the job – shadow a colleague or volunteer to work on a different floor or pick up a few shifts with a professional staffing firm like ATC that can give you this experience.